According to behindthename.com, "Kelsey" means:
"from a place name meaning "Cenel's island", from the Old English name
Cenel "fierce" in combination with
eg "island"."
Not sure who Cenel is, but I'm pretty sure I'm not an island. I'm so far from an island.

I'm definitely more of a peninsula.
(Now, I'm sure my parents weren't thinking about this kind of stuff when they picked my name. I mean, they almost named me Aja instead...as in Asia...as in the largest continent on Earth. Dodged a bullet on that one.)

Anyway, back to being a peninsula. Myers Briggs says I am an extrovert, which is probably more true than false. I like being alone, but only by choice, and only if I'm not realllly alone. Usually when I get home, I go to my room to decompress....sometimes it takes longer than others. But if I come home from school and hope to hang out with friends or my boy, and no one is home...loneliness ensues. It doesn't matter if I have a buttload of stuff to study. If I had a particularly "I fail at life" kind of day, being in the presence of happy people makes some happiness rub off, and before I know it, I'm laughing at my failures instead of crying about them. And even when I'm hanging out between classes at school, I prefer to sit at a table full of my friends, even if I don't really feel like talking to them. I need my space and time to stretch out a little bit, but really, I need the attachment. I need someone nearby, if not right next to me. I might need empty space in front of me, but if I turn to look, I always hope someone is there.
I'm definitely NOT an island.
No comments:
Post a Comment